Local Government Forms
The budget, small financial, and Survey of Local Government Financial (UT) forms can now be completed on-line and
- Select the form for the applicable government type (i.e. county, city, town, district).
- Open the form using Adobe® (Note - If you do not already have an Adobe® Reader®, you can get a free copy of the software by clicking
- Complete the form by filling in the applicable fields (instructions for completing reports are found on each individual form).
- Select the submit button and type in your e-mail address.
- Print or save a copy of the form for your records.
- Audited financial reports can be submitted electronically by e-mailing the statements in a pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org . E-mailed financial reports should be one file and include the statements, footnotes, single audit (if applicable), "Yellow Book" report, management letter, and client responses to the management letter.
- The Survey of Local Government Finances (UT) form and Impact Fee Schedule should be submitted as separate electronic files.
- Reports no longer need to be notarized.
- Letters indicating that the report has been received, reviewed, and accepted are only sent if significant errors are noted during our review.
- If you have questions please contact:
Patrica Nelson (cities, towns, RDA's, and school districts) at 801-538-1334 or email@example.com
Ryan Roberts (local districts, special districts, and counties) at 801-671-5808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UT Forms for Local Governments
- County: UT-1 (fillable PDF)
- Municipality: UT-2 (fillable PDF)
- Local District: UT-5 Form (fillable PDF)
- Small Local District: UT-6 Form (fillable PDF)
Budget Forms for Local Governments
- Local Districts: Certification and Budget (fillable PDF)
- Interlocal Governments: Certification and Budget (fillable PDF)
- Community Development: Certification and Budget (fillable PDF)
- Military Installation: Certification and Budget (fillable PDF)
- Associations of Government: Certification and Budget (fillable PDF)
Financial Statement Forms for Small Towns and Local Districts
(Revenues and Expenditures Less than $100,000)
- Small Town: Certification and Financial Statement Forms (fillable PDF)
- Small Local or Special District: Certification and Financial Statement Forms (fillable PDF)
Deposits and Investments Form
Click Here for the Deposits and Investments Form from the Utah Money Management Council.
Entity Information Sheets
Impact Fee Reports - Certification Form and Example of Schedule
Local political subdivisions collecting impact fees are required to submit a report to the State Auditor that identifies:
* Impact fee funds by the year in which they are received
* The project from which the funds are collected
* The capital projects for which the funds were budgeted
* The projected schedule for expenditure
The Impact Fee Report should be prepared and submitted annually to the State Auditor's Office and is due at the same time as the annual financial report (180 days after fiscal year end). It is a report detailing impact fees on hand at one point in time, year-end. The report must go back sufficient time to detail and report when and from whom/where impact fees on hand at year-end were collected. It must also detail by fiscal year(s) when impact fees on hand at year-end will be spent. This is potentially as much as six years in the future since the law requires these funds to be spent within that amount of time. Please note that the total amount on hand at year-end equals the total amount projected for future expenditure.